P'ninim 06

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Mashal to Rosh Hashanah & Yom Kippur

The Lesson Of A Ladder
By: Leah Rowner

I walked down the street
On a bright sunny day
Its breeze blowing my hair
As I went on my merry way

But I stopped short in my tracks
I blinked once I blinked twice
I looked again at the object before me
I couldn’t believe my eyes!

A ladder stood in the street
All straight and tall
The sky darkened
And rain started to fall

I looked at my surroundings
And I realized I was in an unfamiliar zone
I wasn’t near home and for all I knew
I was utterly alone

I tried to climb the ladder
I climbed up more and more
But I kept slipping down again
Because it started to pour!

By this time I was a mess
Tears streamed down like a river
The wind blew so strong
I began to shake and shiver


This is a Mashal to Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur
We take something to better ourselves for the year
We climb certain heights and we progress
But we slip and fall and get reduced to tears

Wash away those tears
And climb up the ladder up once more
Because Hashem knows you are trying
As you try to get closer to Him once more

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home